Hoolyeh Folk Dance COVID-19 Policy Updated 2022-07-14
These policies are created by an informal Hoolyeh Live Dance Committee and are approved by the Corvallis Folklore Society. They are intended to keep our community and dancers as safe, healthy, and happy as possible.
Participation in folk dancing during the COVID-19 pandemic carries not only the typical risks associated with a physical activity, but also increased risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus.
COVID-19 is highly transmissible and can cause severe illness, long-term healthcomplications, and/or death.
COVID-19 is spread through person-to-person contact, through airborne droplets exhaled by an infected person, even without any apparent symptoms of infection.
Vaccines are safe, widely available, and highly effective at protecting individuals against severe illness, hospitalization, and death resulting from COVID-19. However, vaccination does not provide complete protection from contracting and transmitting the virus.
Please note: People at higher risk of severe illness from the COVID-19 virus, or who are in regular contact with someone at higher risk, including young children and other unvaccinated people, should not attend folk dancing at this time.
Folk dancing involves physical exertion and close contact with many people and is therefore associated with greater risk of viral transmission than other common activities. To protect our community as much as possible, Hoolyeh folk dances will have the following precautions in place until further notice, which meet and may exceed mandated COVID-19 safety guidelines.
All attendees are required to:
- 1) Provide an email address for contact tracing if needed (gathered at pre-registration).
- 2) Bring identification (driver’s license or government-issued ID) and proof of full vaccination, including boosters when eligible.
- a)Full vaccination is 2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna mRNA or 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson, plus up-to-date booster(s).
- b)Proof of vaccination can be the physical card or a legible photo (front side at least).
- c) We will not keep a record of your vaccination card, but with your permission we will add you to our list of pre-verified attendees who need only show ID in the future.
- 3) Wear a well-fitted mask (a K/N95/KF94 is preferred, or double masking with a medical & cloth mask) while in the building, unless actively drinking water. Bring your own mask(s).
- 4) Sign a waiver for use of the dance hall (requirement of hall rental).
- 5) Be mindful of others’ variable comfort levels, especially with respect to personal space and level of touch
- 6) Stay home if you experience possible symptoms of COVID-19.
Additional precautions taken will include:
An attendance capacity of 20-25 dancers
Unscented hand sanitizer available at the dance
Attendees should wash their hands regularly
Ventilation (open doors and windows, fans)
We will canvass those who attend after the dance to find out if any Covid-19 symptoms were experienced by anyone
Current fees are $5 per person if not CFS member, $4 for CFS member, 18 and under $2.