Northwest Folklife Announces
From Home to Home: Northwest Folklife Festival
Dear Northwest Folkife community,
We believe that uplifting our arts, culture, and heritage is paramount in nourishing our livelihood. Amidst these times of uncertainty, we have listened and heard the need for a space to connect during these digitally-driven circumstances. As such, in line with our mission to continue to serve our community, we have created a virtual platform where we can collectively showcase our folklife, right from our homes.
Northwest Folklife and Seattle Center are proud to announce
taking place May 23-25, 2020 online at nwfolklifestreaming.org.
Presented by Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, From Home to Home: Northwest Folklife Festival will feature multiple program channels and a virtual marketplace that will bring together local culture bearers, artists, creatives, sponsors, and merchants all on one platform.
The full program includes:
- Livestream Channels of music, participatory dance, and workshops
- On-Demand Streaming Channel featuring an exploration of music, dance, storytelling, and more
- Family Fun Channel featuring pre-recorded performance videos and engaging hands-on activities
- Living Legacies Channel featuring storytelling and panel discussions that pass on tradition and culture
- Festival Artist Directory highlighting the 600+ artists initially slated to perform at the Northwest Folklife Festival
- Virtual Marketplace highlighting local merchants with online purchasing options